Sleep Apnea Treatment in Philadelphia, PA and Bryn Mawr, PA
Sleep apnea is a condition that affects how you breathe when sleeping. During sleep, normal breathing can be interrupted for 10 seconds or more hundreds of times during a single night. Untreated sleep apnea prevents you from getting enough deep, restorative sleep. Without enough deep sleep you may be sleepy, lack mental sharpness, and be less productive. Long term health effects can be serious, including weight gain, high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Loud, chronic snoring
- Breathing pauses for long periods
- Waking up often at night
- Forgetfulness, irritability, depression
Home Treatments for Light Sleep Apnea
- Avoid sleeping on your back, because your tongue is more likely to block your airway
- Elevate your head using extra pillows or a body wedge
- Open your nasal passage via breathing strips, saline nasal flush, or a nasal dilator
- Lose weight
Sleep Apnea Treatments Near You for Moderate to Severe Sleep Apnea
- Talk to a doctor trained in sleep apnea
- Use supplemental oxygen while sleeping
- Use a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airflow Pressure) Sleep Apnea machine
Oral appliances made by The Dental Spa to help keep your airway open.
We can test you for sleep apnea, and if further treatment is required, refer you to a sleep specialist. We serve the patients of Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square, Fitler Square, South Philadelphia, Fishtown, Kensington, West Philadelphia, and Bryn Mawr, PA.