For some, bad breath is a way of life. At The Dental Spa we can help manage bad breath, or Oral Malodor, through our professional Breath Care products.
Some of the conditions that cause oral malodor include:
- Gum infections
- Defective dentistry
- Dry mouth
- Oral cancer
- Poor oral hygiene
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sinus problems
- Odiferous ingested foods, fluids and medications
By understanding the primary sites of Oral Malodor – the tongue, gum pockets around teeth, the tonsil area and bacteria/food between teeth – we can help eliminate Oral Malodor.
What specifically causes Oral Malodor?
- Morning breath is caused by decreased saliva flow during sleep, which allows bacteria to grow and stay in the mouth.
- The gram negative, anaerobic bacteria produce volatile sulfur compounds
How can The Dental Spa help you manage Oral Malodor?
- Daily Management
- Mechanical removal of bacteria by flossing, brushing teeth and tongue scrapping
- Using BreathRx 2-3 times daily
- BreathRx contains cetylpyridium chloride which kills the bacteria that produces the malodor.
- BreathRx contains thymol and eucalyptus oil which kills the bacteria that produces the malodor.
- BreathRx contains zinc gluconate which inhibits the formation of the volatile sulfur compounds, as well as neutralizes the existing sulfur compounds.
- BreathRx contains no alcohol, which dries out your mouth and allows bacteria to stick to your gums and tongue. By comparison, most leading mouthwashes have high alcohol content including: Listerine (26.9%), Scope (18.9%), Cepacol (14%) and Plax (8.5%).